Director General, Russian Science Foundation
- Born on September 17, 1958 in Moscow.
- In 1981 he graduated from the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute.
- In 1981-2004 he hold different positions in Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Russian institute of strategic research, Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the UN and in the embassy of the Russian Federation in the United States.
- In 2004-2005 he worked as Aide to the Minister of education and science of the Russian Federation.
- In 2005-2008 he worked as Director General of the Department for state science, technology and innovation policy, Ministry of education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- In 2008-2010 he worked as Deputy Minister of education and science of the Russian Federation.
- In 2010-2012 he worked as Director General of the Department for science, high technologies and education, Government of the Russian Federation.
- From June 30 2012 till 2013 he worked as the Head of Presidential Division on Science and Education Policy in the Presidential Executive Office.
On December 16, 2013 by Decree of the President of Russia he was appointed the Director General of the Russian Science Foundation.
Ph. D. in Physics & Math. He is fluent in English. He has a son and a daughter.